Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Edit posts | Sign Out

Scroll down and select country
MEBO TMAU TESTING CURRENTLY SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY

MEBO - UBIOME study 2018

'PRESS RELEASE'

NCT03582826
ClinicalTrials.gov

MEBO Gut Microbiome Study
"Microbial Basis of Systemic Malodor and PATM Conditions (PATM)"
Funded by uBiome Research Grant

"Microbial Basis of Systemic Malodor and PATM Conditions (PATM)"

Dynamics of the Gut Microbiota in
Idiopathic Malodor Production
& PATM

Started May 2018 - Ongoing

Current people sent kits : 100/100
3 kits per person

NO LONGER RECRUITING

Participation info : LINK English

MEBO Map Testing & Meetups


Full details : https://goo.gl/TMw8xu
want listed ? contact info@meboresearch.org

MEBO Private Facebook Group
to join : go to
or contact
Join/Watch the weekly
BO Sufferers Podcasts

MEBO TMAU Videos

Petitions

TMAU Petition world
TMAU UK end total:262
TMAU UK ends 23/01/20
TMAU Petition USA end total 204
USA : Moveon open
TMAU (Dominican)
Metabolomic Profiling Study
NCT02683876

Start : Aug 2016
Stage 1 : 27 Canadian volunteers to test
Latest click here (26 oct) :
17 samples returned


Note : Stage 1 is Canada only.
Return cut-off date : passed
Analysis can take 6/8 weeks
Analysis start in/before Nov
MEBO Research is a
EURORDIS and
NORD Member Organization
See RareConnect

Popular Posts (last 30 days)

Upcoming get-togethers


Let us know if you want a meetup listed

Subscribe to Blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

You will be sent a verification email

Subscribe in a reader

Blog Archive

London TMAU meeting with Prof Liz Shephard
19th Oct 11am - 1pm
St Mary's Hospital
Praed St, Paddington
London W2 1NY
click to read more
more details : karen.james@meboresearch.org

MEBO Research Clinical Trials

Click here to read details of the MEBO Clinical Trials
NCT03582826 - Ongoing not recruiting
Microbial Basis of Systemic Malodor and PATM Conditions (PATM)
United States 2018 - ongoing

NCT02683876 - Completed
Exploratory Study of Relationships Between Malodor and Urine Metabolomics
Canada and United States 2016 - ongoing

NCT03451994 - Completed
Exploratory Study of Volatile Organic Compounds in Alveolar Breath
United Kingdom and United States 2013 - ongoing

NCT02692495 - Completed
Evaluation of Potential Screening Tools for Metabolic Body Odor and Halitosis
United Kingdom 2009 - 2012

Thursday, March 15, 2012

New FMO3 paper on pubmed : polymorphisms in a Turkish group

paper : common FMO3 variants
A new paper has appeared on Pubmed about the enzyme FMO3. There is no new information on FMO3, only a study of the incidence of 3 common FMO3 'variants' in a Turkish group. It is good to see a toxicology department taking an interest in FMO3, as it is a drug metabolizing enzyme and predicting reactions to drugs will likely be what leads to most FMO3 research in the future.

In the study they look to see how common the 3 missense variants at codons 158, 257, and 308 are among a group of Turks. FMO3 is made up of a 532 amino acid sequence (532 codons). A missense variant is where an incorrect amino acid is inserted. Normally this would make no difference in itself, however in combination with other missense codons it can result in loss of function to some degree.
FMO3 has 532 codons

Common variants at codons 158, 257, and 308

E158K missense variant

amino acid should be E but K is inserted

E & K are amino acid symbols

E is glutamic Acid
K is lysine
For instance, the faults at codons 158 and 308 on the same allelle (i.e. from the same parent) is known to possibly cause slight loss of function. It is estimated that perhaps 50% of caucasians carry the 158 missense variant and perhaps 20% carry the 308 variant.

In the Turkish group in the study, it was found that 80% either were totally 'normal' at the codons 158,257,308 (ie 'EVE') or carried the 158 variant (KVE) but all would be predicted as having normal FMO3 function. That, therefore, leaves 20% with various combinations of the 3 variants. The various combinations do not mean they will definitely have some loss of function, but in some combinations, it can, and it makes it more likely.

Flavin-containing monooxygenase 3 gene polymorphisms in turkish population

References :
FMO3 letter to editor 2000
TMAU article on NIH.gov website

0 comments:

Post a Comment